Monday, January 31, 2011

Trying again...

Thanks to all of you who have commented on my work so far (especially to those who took the time to look and comment on my Facebook page while I was trying to figure out how to post more images here), and thanks to all who helped me trouble-shoot the photo-uploading process. Now I am trying again, and hoping that these efforts are more successful. Although I haven't made any new pieces for you to see yet, I have been reading a lot, experimenting with different support materials, and thinking through various design choices before I begin working larger. This process has been at times both challenging and informative, and I am finding that the more I figure out, the more questions and challenges I have. I am planning to do some more reading, shopping, and printing later this week (if I don't get snowed out!) and if all goes well, I should have at least one or two larger pieces done sometime next week. Stay tuned!







1 comment:

  1. I think a large part of the strength of the pieces comes from the fact that the edges between the letters (in the case of the one's forming a sentence) get blurred and mushed together. Reminds me of a quote from the graphic designer David Carson, "Don't mistake legibility with communication". I love the subtleties that force you to move closer to the piece, and would keep the scale of the letters.

    ReplyDelete